Monmouth County Child Support Lawyers
When dealing with issues that impact your ability to provide care and financial support for your child, our child support attorneys offer you the aggressive legal representation you need.
Parents have a legal and moral duty to provide financially for their children. Unfortunately, when couples divorce or are otherwise no longer living together, child support often becomes an issue. At Lomurro Law, we act as a strong legal advocate on your side in these situations. Our Monmouth County child support lawyers have decades of combined experience helping families throughout our area. You can count on us to provide the trusted legal guidance and aggressive representation you need to get the financial support to which your child is entitled.
Defending Your Rights in Monmouth County Child Support Proceedings
Under the New Jersey Statutes, the state imposes a legal duty on parents to provide for their children until they reach the age of 18 and are no longer in school. This is true regardless of whether the parents were married or single. At Lomurro Law, our Monmouth County child support lawyers represent you in proceedings to determine the amount each parent is obligated to pay.
Child support guidelines are in place which generally dictate these amounts. This will vary based on the circumstances and the amount of time the child spends in each home. If you are the primary custodian, you have a right to child support to offset expenses. Factors the court will consider include:
● The total amount of income or earnings each parent has, which includes any regular wages, overtime, unemployment, or public assistance;
● If the other parent is unemployed, the amount of income they would be expected to make based on their education, skill level, and previous experience;
● Any special needs the child has, such as for developmental disabilities or chronic health conditions;
● Other expenses that must be met, such as daycare costs and health insurance.
The Importance of Child Support Orders in New Jersey
At Lomurro Law, we understand the motivation among some parents in trying to reach informal child support agreements with the other party. However, we also know how often non-custodial parents fail in their financial duties.
As experienced Monmouth County child support lawyers, we can assist you in getting a formal child support order put in place. This allows child support payments to be enforced through the court and through the New Jersey Department of Human Services. Actions that can help ensure your child gets the support he or she is entitled to include:
● Garnishment of the non-paying parent’s wages;
● Liens on property and financial accounts;
● Seizure of unemployment or Veteran’s benefits;
● Suspension of driving privileges or professional licenses.
Get Our Monmouth County Child Support Lawyers on Your Side
Lomurro Law is a strong ally on your side when it comes to protecting the rights of you and your children. Get the professional legal guidance you need to get your child the financial support they deserve. Call or contact our New Jersey child support lawyers online and request a consultation to discuss how we can help you today.